Friday, March 10, 2006

Important things before leaving IIIT

I remember Ironhide's similar post sometime last year, this time. For me, the list of things in queue are as follows:


1. Get a provisional degree
2. Get lots of certificates/written statements from professors of me being involved in all those extracurricular activities
3. Make sure I get my caution deposit
4. Meet some profs and tell them how much I've appreciated them all through
5. Tip the guards and the housekeeping guys
6. Gift certain professors and staff people for their sincere help
7. Tell some irritating obnoxious and stupid batch mates of mine to "go f&^% themselves"
8. Get the names of books that are a must read. Improving reading skills is one thing that I crave for
9. Collect CAT, GMAT material and other such study materials from friends who are able to convert their calls this time
10.Meet Chari@career_launcher to discuss more about the future goals
11.Collect as much free material as I can from career launcher
12.Donate certain things that I don't plan to carry along
13.Get my mattress back and sell it off to someone who's looking for one
14.Give a treat to some junior friends
15.Get a farewell treat from those junior friends
16.Buy a new 200/250 GB hard disk
17.Get a good hold on French and collect all those online courses that one of my friends has downloaded
18.Get lots of movies (especially Hindi), songs, softwares and 'Enjoy' stuff
19.Tell certain beauties of how long they've been in my crush list
20.Get my eye-sight checked and put on spectacles if I need them
21.Take contact ids, phone no.s, addresses of all those people whom I wish to keep contact with
22.Use all my contacts to get as many referrals as I can
23.Buy some of those books that I've noted down in point 7
24.Create a backup of this blog
25.Get the monetary accounts cleared with all my friends
26.Decide which camera and laptop to buy
27.Create an unknown and non-existing identity for myself
28.Talk to all those crushes of mine and that too in person. Already wrote that but it definetly deserves a second reminder
29.Find out the courier services if I need to carry lots of luggage back home
30.Smoke atleast once, that too a cigar
31.Drink for the third and the last time
32.See Golkonda,Salarjung,Faluknama,Snow World
33.Go-carting
34.Go to that Rajasthani place where we once planned to go
35.Go to sunrise point where seniors had been a regular visitor
36.Go to the secret lake where I haven't visited even once. Shame on me
37.Talk to those crushes
38.Write orkut testiomonials for lots of people
39.Get a slam book or an year book or something to keep some memories alive
40.Work out an effective system of staying in touch with people I want to stay in touch with
41.Work out an even more effective system to prevent those whom I don't wish to stay in touch with
42.Take down the birthdates of all those dear ones so that I have an alternate reminder to orkut
43.Think about contributing in cash/kind to Muskaan or to other such societies
44.Say sorry to all those people whom I haven't been good with
45.Eat the buffet at sheraton and viceroy atleast once
46.Think about an idea which helps people to remember our batch for a long time
47.Distribute all the useful stuff that I've collected all this time especially the placements' stuff
48.Give sincere advices to certain people, mainly juniors
49.Write about interviews, placements and success in my blog
50.Get grades for certain projects and complete FYP
51.Understand various ways of saving taxes
52.Change the sleeping habits and try watching the sunrise atleast 4 days a week
53.Make a note of all the embarassing and rememberable situations that I've faced during my B.Tech and that too without feeling guilty for any of those
54.Keep updating this post as and when I get to remember more important things
55.Reveal an already secret (almost) identity

Time taken to write this post: nearly 1 hour

8 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger AK-84 said...

oh ya.. i was thinking abt it since long but used to always forget .. finally comments are now enabled for non-blogger ppl :-)

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger AK-84 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Argentyne said...

neki kar, dariya mein daal. If you plan to undertake any charitable activities, you should not publicise them, even if your aim by writing them here is to inspire like-minded people.

Charitable deeds should be such that your left hand does not know that your right hand gave away something.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger AK-84 said...

@coolcat: That point was jes to remind me 'thinking' abt giving away something in charity.. Wudnt write abt actually donating (if I do) :-) But as u sed, the point wud definitely make ppl think abt it.. so, that's ok

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'v also saved a copy of it...

newaz nice work done :)

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger AK-84 said...

@Abheet: yo baby.. so this cud serve as an answer to ur question last nite

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

55 things and 30 days ... bahut na-insaafi hai..
..tera kya hoga kaaliya :D

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Best said...

Good SEO providers know and understand the points blog-comment People browse search engine results, then scan related pages looking at the headings and sub-headings that stand out, and then click back to the search results for the next page to read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home