Saturday, May 07, 2005

Why the hell did starting batches join IIIT?

Sometimes I wonder that what exactly would have been the thoughts of IIIT's starting batch's students at the time of joining this institute.

Do intelligent people act this way? I must talk to some people from those batches or else I'll burst off my head thinking a reason for this. Everytime I look at a person from those batches, I feel envy as in why didn't GOD make me that intelligent :( Everytime, I see those students, I get motivated towards the better working in IIIT :D

I'll just name some of them here. If you have an answer to the above question, kindly let me know :

1) Hemant G - THeir batch's gold-medalist. Did his MS from CMU.. Currently representing 3Com at IIIT.
2) Karteek Alahari - He was another gold medalist. Currently, pursuing his MS in IIIT. Dropped the Robotics branch at CMU before this. He must be having some real big master plans.
3) Vamshi Ambati - One of the most handsome guys I've ever seen. Pursuing his MS from CMU. Yes, these people have made CMU a local university or something. There must be a whole lot of IIITians out there. A real sweet guy. Such caring and polite. Believe me, GOD should keep on making me meet such people.
4) MNSSK Pavan - Could neone be more funnier than this guy? Awesome guitarist. And too friendly to talk. He's like always bantering around. He's even nick named as Dr. Jawahar's baharwaali.. :D
5) Soumyajit - Could ne other student be better in graphics? i don't really think so. Could neone be more cool and calm?
6) Sujit - He was a tutor for one of my programming courses. And believe me, he debugged the code before even looking at it. There was no question those days that he coudn't really solve. By the time he passed his BTech, he was done publishing 3 to 4 research papers. Currently pursuing his MS from some foriegn university. If I'm not wrong, he must be in MIT.
7) Sashi Kumar - He's one big favorite of all the Andhrites. Good sportsman, good programmer, good at almost everything that he does. As heard, he's got a plan for every minute.
8) Sesh Kumar - Didnt really have much interaction with this guy except for those days of working along with him on the scanning project. But this guy's good. He's one of the favorites of Dr. Jawahar. i was really scared of this guy in the starting. Terrorist by his looks but really innocent and sweet.
9) Ravi Kiran - Don't really know much abt this guy but have heard that he's the best at programming out here.
10) Vipul - I don't really find myself worthy enough to write abt this guy.
11) Mudit - HP Labs + University of Maryland (Dr.PJN's university) .. Do u have a better comparison?
12) Sunil Mohan Adapa - Heard that none other was better in linux. He was the best system admin that our insti could have.

I hope, I didn't really miss out on someone greater than the above mentioned. Isnt that strange that people like these had confidence in IIIT at the time of joining. They werent even getting degrees. It was diploma at that time. Had not the government been generous enough, they would have really missed out on something really important in their lives.

Just look at the resumes of these people. How could neone say that IIIT's not going to grow. I tell you, my institute will reach pinnacles of success some day. I tell you, my institute's going to be the best one day and there's no second thought to this. Such people will always keep flag flying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home