Saturday, May 07, 2005

Is it being lucky or what?

He he.. Starting off with a 'he he' must have showed you all my happiness as of now :) Man!! Its not the first time today.. We've (me and Rajesh) been really lucky in this sense.. Guess what, we had lunch and dinner with faculty today..

One project, the scanning project, one that I hate the most among all that are there in my resume (See, I may not have worked for all in there :D) has really fetched me the most..

I remember - the first one was this CVIT party that I was dying to attend. But till the last moment we didn't really get the invitation.. Infact there wasn't ne point of getting one.. Not much work in CVIT.. No honours.. Scanning project is nowhere a CVIT project except that its under Dr. Jawahar.. But still, he's always been really caring.. guess what, he asked us to come for the party and it was fun.. it was awesome.. these ppl spent something arnd 60 k on the party.. and it was nearly 50 ppl to attend.. You could guess the lavishness yourself ;) i even sang a song out there.. And ppl did clap.. am sure it mustave been cause it got over after just a para..

So, next was this showcase where we kept in our project.. I won't really tell you about the project or else if Dr. jawahar reads this, my grade will definitely be screwed.. :D I always wanted to keep something in showcase but then never really worked so hard to make a good enough displayable work.. neways, it was just a night before that Dr. Jawahar (yes, it was him again) asked us to design a poster for the project.. It was a breath-taking moment for me. Me giving a demo to all the big wigs out there.. God's always showered his blessings on me..

Then, to talk abt the scanning project again, it was a blessed 6th May'05.. Yes, that's today.. There was this scanning workshop being organized for 2 days. And our part was to be presented in front of the the ppl who attended and that was cause the title was - "Tools and Resources for Mega Scanning Project" .. Neways, not going into further technicalitites (I dont really know much), Dr. Jawahar (kitne ehsaan karoge sir?) asked us to join them for lunch and dinner.. cool no. At lunch, we thought it to be really embarassing. It was like - God! what the hell would ppl think abt it? We are some selfish, hungry lot who've grown fat eating at such free lunches.. So, now came the dinner time. This guy, Vamshi (He's really cute. You must meet him sometime) called us for dinner saying that Dr. Jawahar wants us to be there.. And the dinner was, I tell u, HeAvEn .. though i dont really like having dinner these days but after having the soup out there (yes, we had starters too :D), I cudnt resist having a dinner.. :) ANd yes, I was right. It was god damn tasty..

Going away from scanning project, we've been lucky in such sense at other times too. Dinner with faculty during the Jeevan Vidya workshop was one such example. Yes, that time it was with the Director. What else would one want?

Yeah, so coming back to today's dinner - as soon as we reached in the guest house, we found faculty seated in a group. Dean spoke up loudly - "So, hows Khurana saab". And all the other faculty members were looking at me as if I was their head that time. Is it that the dean is really cool or is it me? Yes, you're right - its our dean :) And I really appreciate him for that. To tell u the truth - I love him for that :) What next, as usual, he started talking abt the Geeta thing. My dad's one great person I would ever see in my life. You look at his practicality towards life and m sure that u won't feel like looking at anyone else later. I love you dad.

So, I was jes thinking that even after cursing this project for nearly an year now (not sure if its me cursing the project or is that the project's got a weight on us), its given us sooo much.. GOD! Thanks for everything. Not that today's day added to my importance out here, not that 6th May'05 would make me a successful person some day but one thing's for sure, it made me happy ; it made me like some people - Dr. Jawahar, Vamshi ; it made me feel more comfortable with the faculty ; it made me make such a long post today :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home