Friday, March 03, 2006

Straight-forwardness appreciated

As raised in my previous posts too, why do some people lack the sense of being straight-forward? Loss of originality is to be seen everywhere and the result is artificial people, hypocrytic people who because of being loaded with questions like "who-to-be", "when-to-be", forget their real identity.

It's good to be diplomatic at times but using that in daily life wouldn't fetch rewards at all. I confess of being diplomatic myself but am trying my best to fknig change the habit because that is something that I have stopped appreciating. At times, it spoils relations with your own near and dear ones. Infact once your straight-forwardness is intimated to people around, it isn't difficult and complicated at all. I know a few straight-forward people, especially this guy and I really-2 appreciate him for the same. There are few others on whom I'd like to devote some of my posts in time to come and that'll definitely be before I complete my engineering.

It might take time for one to change, but it has to start someday. Start now and the world would be a more easier place to live in. As I see, with straight-forwardness - practicality, assertiveness and expressiveness come as add-ons.

But there's an alternative argument too that says - Why not be diplomatic (smart?) enough to make people believe that you're not diplomatic when you actually are? Why not act differently at different times in different situations? Why not keep people in total mystery? Why disclose the real you at all? I once had a long discussion on - "Whether to be expressive and react at situations for others to know your feelings or to keep calm and let people be confused with the mystery in you" with someone whose really close to my heart. Insights on this topic too to come in future posts.

Time taken to write this post: 40 minutes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home