Thursday, March 02, 2006

Totally Strange

Things, which one craves for, do not come easy and others for which one is basically indifferent unexpectedly happen in favour. Will things ever occur the way we want them to? No, for now, they don't seem to.

So many companies came over to visit the campus. I played it so safe by sitting only in ones, that had their work profiles most similar to the work that I did in my B.Tech, so that the chances of getting selected are high. But, kambakht, in all of them, written itself got screwed, and hence getting a chance to sit for interviews got eradicated. Couldn't get an interview opportunity for even a single dream company.

Now, when on-campus placements are reaching its end, i get an interview call. SSAGlobals, for which I wrote a 'beautiful' post here, short lists me for interview. Not that I'd definitely make it to the final selections but why didn't HE give me such a chance with some better company? Now, that I've got an opportunity, I do not feel like availing that. Interview experience is all I'm thinking of at this stage. I've been seeing ppl going for interviews and making all kinds of blunders, getting unlucky with the questions which those interviewers ask, getting selected unexpectedly blah blah.. I wish to check it out for myself this time. How does a tech interview really look like? The experience with IBM wasn't really on an IT track. They had been all blind at the time of recruiting students and so didn't miss out (selecting) even a single person among those who appeared for interviews.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home