Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I actually danced..

Believe me or not, I actually danced on the eve of New Year.. Right from 31st Dec, 11:30 pm onwards uptil 1st January, 12:30 am on the Ambala's Sirhind Club's dancing floor.. I am not really a guy who dances much but then something really motivated me this time..

A little background abt the club is that its got a free membership for any defense personnel posted in Ambala Cantonment.. For civilians (as for my dad), they need to take memberships.. My dad's a life member and we are allowed to use the facilities that this club provides anywhere in India.. Its got a lot of branches all across.. Among others - squash court, indoor badminton court, tennis courts are the major ones that attract people..

My sister was trying her best to take me over to dance floor.. She wanted to dance herself but then she didn't have any company at that moment and I was the last hope.. I too was rigid enough to refuse ne bribes that she offered.. Now, these defense people, as I've seen are (or they act) really modern or something.. Most of them had their daughters in mini skirts.. I was stunned to see many girls with semi-covered bodies.. And that really was a driving force in itself.. I thot strongly that what exactly am I ashamed of?? These girls can wear all kinds of dresses and roam around without any hesitation when on the contrary I am feeling ashamed to dance in fully covered body .. i immediately decided to go over to the dance floor.. and it was so bloody fun.. no more not-dancing at parties/functions.. AK's going to be rocking on the dance floors from now on..

The '06 new year celebration was so much fun.. All my family members were dancing together and having fun .. I'd love to see such celebrations in future..

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger AK-84 said...

arey yaar.. had i not lost my cell phone, kuch photos to pakka le leta .. but afsos..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home