Thursday, October 27, 2005

Google comes over..

When 2 of these guys from google came to IIIT for a pre placement talk today, we had all these reactions - "What stuff do they keep in google?"; "Is he a professional"; "He looks like some local college guy" blah blah.. Yeah, atleast I thot that way.. They weren't even dressed up properly.. Sleepers??? Man, can't one have a proper dressing sense.. I don't doubt those guys' technical competence but I definitely do doubt if they have any professional stuff in them..

About the pre placement talk, I'll summarize it this way.. It wasn't that great.. The guy cudnt even answer some of the questions properly.. They didn't declare the pay package.. There was nothing special as such.. From a company like google, u do expect 'something' unique.. We already knew most of the things that he told abt.. All the page ranking and indexing fundae, just an overview.. it wasn't much impressive.. and most importantly, they didn't even give any t-shirts or carry bags or some accessories etc as they generally do during the pre placement talks..

Just yesterday, there was this ppt by MS Research.. What personality those people had.. They looked like real professionals.. Such sharp looks.. You get this big feeling when u see such ppl.. Here I see the difference between google and microsoft.. I am not really polluted with the corporate politics between google and microsoft as of now.. But, in the last 2 days, I saw the presentations made by both of them.. If I rate google at 6 on a scale of 10, I'll have to keep M$ on 9.5+ .. Not that's a big victory.. isnt it.. One thinks big when he/she gets a chance to work in such a fast and competitive environment.. One needs to keep himself smart..

You know, I am really giving a strong thot abt changing my dressing style.. enuff of kurtas.. i need to get back to formals etc..

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger AK-84 said...

ya rite.. vaise, another disadvantage in going for Google is that their recruiting phase goes for 2 weeks.. most of the students will definitely get frustu with that.. This way, I see MS ahead again ;)

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger AK-84 said...

that point is really valid... they presented the research career so well that even i started giving a thot abt a research future.. may be some day, i too come over this tough path.. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home